The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.…
1. It is a proof of the reality of Christ's humanity.
2. It suggests the relation of Christ's work to the whole human race.
3. It marks the importance of the birth of Christ as a historical epoch. Let it remind us also
(1) Of the shortness of human life;
(2) Of the subserviency of persons of every class and character to the purposes of God's moral government.
Parallel VersesKJV: The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.